Sylvester Stallone is not backing down from this fight.
The 76-year-old Golden Globe winner made his feelings known about the recently announced Drago its spinoff Rocky franchise in an Instagram post on Saturday as he publicly criticized producer Irvin Winkler and longtime friend and former actor Dolph Lundgren.
Sharing screenshots of the announcement on Instagram, Stallone called the news “another heartbreak” amid his ongoing battle for the rights to the franchise.
RELATED: Sylvester Stallone criticizes Rocky Producer rights dispute: I want to ‘leave something’ for my children
“Once again IRWIN WINKLER this PASSIVE 94 year old PRODUCER and HIS MORONIC VULTURE KIDS Charles And David once again clean the bones of another great character I created without even being told…” he captioned .
“APOLOGIES to the fans, I never wanted the ROCKY characters to be exploited by these vermin…” Stallone continued. “By the way, I once had nothing but respect for Dolph, but he NEVER told me what was going on behind my back with the character I created for him!!! TRUE FRIENDS are more valuable than gold.”
Stallone followed it up with another post, this time with photoshopped images of a Winkler vampire sucking Rocky’s blood and stabbing him in the back.
“After IRWIN WINKLER And FAMILY SUCK ROCKY DRY!” He wrote. “He is presumed to be the most hated, talentless, depraved [sic]The producer in Hollywood and his cowardly children have found their next meal…Drago, GIVE MY RIGHTS BACK BLOODBUGS!”.
Mike Marsland/WireImage, Albert L. Ortega/Getty
RELATED: Creed Spinoff Drago About Dolph Lundgren’s Character Is In The Works (Report)
“Throughout history, so many artists in every industry, recording, painting, writing, you name it, have been ruined by these bloodsuckers who have ruined so many families, lining their pockets with other people! DOLPH, why? Not a phone call? #parasite producers #exploited artist victims,” Stallone added.
Reps for Winkler and Lundgren did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.
MGM/Courtesy Everett Collection
In an article from The Wrap this week, it was announced that Lundgren, 64, will reprise his role as Russian boxer Ivan Drago in the upcoming spinoff. He had previously said the possibility last year to The Hollywood Reporter.
Lundgren began the role in 1985 Rocky IVbefore returning in 2018 for Creed II. The latest episode saw his character helping his son Viktor Drago (Florian Munteanu) prepare to fight Adonis “Donnie” Creed (Michael B. Jordan), the son of the late Apollo Creed (Carl Weathers), whom Ivan infamously killed during their fight at Rocky IV.
Stallone has previously fought for his rights to the character and story he created, revealing Variety in 2019 that he has “zero ownership” of the franchise. He noted that he was “very angry” and “furious” that he would not be able to leave any equity to his children, but also regretted not pushing hard enough when negotiating the original film deal.
“You don’t want to ruffle the feathers of the golden goose,” Stallone said at the time.
RELATED VIDEO: Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone Go Off in Creed II Clip
Earlier this month, the actor called out Winkler, 91, who produces every one of his films Rocky franchise, in a since-deleted post that featured the producer’s head on a snake’s body. “I’d really like to have even a little of WHAT’S left of my RIGHTS back, before I ONLY give it to YOUR KIDS,” Stallone wrote.
Earned Oscar and Golden Globe nominations for his 1976 debut Rocky, for both Best Actor and Best Original Screenplay. The film also won Oscars for Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Editing.
Rocky it has since spawned five direct sequels that premiered from 1979 to 2006, as well as three Creed spinoff films — with the next installment set to premiere on March 3, 2023. Stallone earned another Oscar nomination and his first Golden Globe for his comeback in 2015 Creed.
Stallone has also teased a new one Rocky film in recent years.